© Clean Power Club 2023
If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy or security of your information, please let us know.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site and/or Services (defined below).
When we use the term, “Personal Data,” we mean information or data that directly or indirectly identifies, describes, relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with or can reasonably link to a particular individual, consumer or household.
When we use the term “Service(s)” we mean to refer collectively to:
- The provision of our online tools to permit you to obtain an “Instant Estimate” of possible energy savings through our Site;
- Our online marketplace of third-party vendors of energy related goods and services (“Third-Party Vendors”) and online tools that provide price quotations for energy related services to those who purchase such tools and services (“Registered User(s)”);
- The information provided through websites owned and controlled by us, including the website at https://www.cleanpowerclub.com/ and any related mobile apps (the “Site(s)”); and
- Our marketing and business development activities, including any social media properties we create, and emails that we send (“Marketing Activities”).
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
- DATA SECURITY
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- CAPACITY / CHILDREN
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- EMAIL MARKETING
- YOUR PERSONAL DATA CHOICES
- WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
- RESPONSE TIME AND FORMAT
- COOKIES NOTICE
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- HOW TO CONTACT US
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your Personal Data through different means, when you:
- Decide to interact with us, either by providing us your information through the registration page, login page or demo page on the Site; by email; regular mail; or telephone;
- Visit our Site, through automated data tracking technology;
- Become a Registered User or an authorized user or set up an account and provide us with information directly; and/or
- Authorize third parties to provide us Personal Data.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of Personal Data:
Types of Information You Provide to Us:
- Name, alias, physical address, email address, postal address, telephone numbers, communication preferences, unique personal or online identifier, account name;
- The location of the property or photographic map of a property;
- Your username and password, and possibly personal information about why you are contacting us, when you become a Registered User;
- Your property’s energy systems, the quantities of fuels consumed annually, the amount of electricity you use, the physical attributes of your property, including building type;
- Identifying number of your utility accounts or other identifying numbers that may be associated with your accounts, including account numbers, meter number, and copies of your utility bills;
- Information that you authorize third parties to release to us;
- Drivers’ license information from our Third-Party Vendors to verify identity;
- Records of your correspondence with us or third parties such as installers using our system.
Types of Information We Collect Through Technology: When you use our Site, we use technology [such as Google Analytics] to gather information on how visitors are using the Site and Services. Specifically, we use technology to gather information about the following:
- IP addresses
- Internet connection
- Browser version
- Time zone
- Operating system and platform
- Referring/exit pages
- Account access date/time stamp
- Cookie data previously stored on your device
An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. IP addresses allow computers (including mobile devices and tablets) and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. We collect IP address information so that we can properly manage our system and gather information about how our Site is being used. This includes the device type and browser you are using, location data, the pages you are viewing and your interactions on the page. Your IP address may be associated with records containing Personal Data. We collect details of visits to our Site, including the volume of traffic received, logs and the resources that you have accessed.
(Please also see our “Cookies Notice”.)
Types of Information We Collect from Third Parties: Our Business Partners may submit publicly available information about you and demographic information, from third party sources to better understand your home’s suitability for energy products, and for research to improve our Services.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We only collect the information reasonably necessary to respond to inquiries about our Services, to provide you the Services, to carry out our operations, as required by law, and for the other legitimate business purposes, under applicable laws, as provided below:
- To provide you with price quotations and inform you about the Services in which you have indicated an interest or for which you’ve registered; Respond to your questions and requests and improve customer service; To provide you with notices about your account;
- To assist in business development and general marketing and building relationships; to create a list of actual and prospective users and Registered Users; to compile statistics regarding how the Site is used in order to improve our products and Services;
- To record your name and contact information, and other Personal Data for legitimate business purposes, so that we can provide our Services;
- To authorize and manage access to the Site;
- To perform our contract with you if you become a Registered User or authorized un-registered user; satisfy contractual necessity to conduct our operations and provide you with the services and products we offer; to perform essential business operations and to manage your account; to contact you with information that may be of interest to you;
- To improve the Site to provide you with better services, for example, we may use your personal data to improve the layout of our Site based on the click path you utilized to access certain information within the Site; and
- To comply with legal obligations and professional responsibilities;
- To verify your identity or conduct internal audits or reviews; and
- To detect or prevent security incidents or other illegal activity; debug; verify or maintain quality or safety or improve or upgrade a service or device owned or controlled by us.
We do not monitor or profile visitors to our Site or collect, in any automated manner, any special categories of sensitive Personal Data about you. No automated decision-making, including profiling, is used when processing your Personal Data.
Additional Uses of Personal Data:
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Data for the following purposes if you become a Registered User. Some of these uses may, under certain circumstances be based on your consent, may be necessary to fulfill our contractual commitments to you, or are necessary to serve our legitimate interests in the following business operations:
- Providing you with newsletters, articles, alerts and announcements, and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Providing you with marketing information about our Services and;
- Conducting research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand Registered User or authorized user needs;
- Analyzing your interactions with us and our Site, and improving our products, services, programs, and other offerings;
- Preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of Personal Data, our Site or data systems; or to meet legal obligations; and
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual (and therefore, is not deemed to be Personal Data) without restriction.
We share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
Channel Partners: Clean Power Club enters into partnerships with third-party entities to improve and market our Services and to facilitate research in the energy field.
Corporate Affiliates: We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
Business Transfers: When applicable, we may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Site, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Third-Party Advertising: We share information with third parties that either display advertising on the Site or manage our advertising on other sites and applications.
With Your Consent or at Your Direction: We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
Other Legal Reasons: In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Data as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities; (3) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Clean Power Club, our affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Data within our organization. Accordingly, we prevent unauthorized access by a secure firewall and use of security technologies to protect the integrity and privacy of any Personal Data you provide. Although we work hard to protect your Personal Data, Clean Power Club cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through online forms and applications, and you do so at your own risk. The Site is not designed to store sensitive personal information such as financial, health or educational records and you should not use the site for that purpose. Please note that email is considered a nonencrypted (and therefore nonsecure) form of communication, and it can be accessed and viewed by others without your knowledge and permission. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information that you consider confidential. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be secure at all times. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
We are not responsible for any outcome if you circumvent any privacy settings or security measures. You are responsible for choosing a password of appropriate strength, not sharing or reusing passwords used on other websites, and keeping your password confidential. Clean Power Club employees will never ask for your password.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
CAPACITY / CHILDREN
This Site is only intended for individuals who are at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly encourage or solicit visitors to this Site who are under the age of 18.
We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and children under the age of 13 are not to use the Site or provide any information to our Service without express parental consent. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we receive personal information that we discover was provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly destroy such information.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS for more information.
Clean Power Club does not collect any personal financial information.
We may periodically send you relevant marketing alerts and newsletters by e-mail, in addition to our transactional e-mails that we may send to customers. To help improve our Marketing Activities, our email service provider provides us with reporting that includes data based on when you open an e-mail or click on a link included in one of these emails. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from these marketing alerts and newsletters are included in each marketing e-mail.
We may offer benefits to our customers who make referrals of our services. When we do this, we receive Personal Information about new customers directly from those interested in our services, and not from our existing customers.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA CHOICES
Choice and Opt-Out:
- We provide you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our promotional email communications or you may contact us using the information below.
- You may opt out of personalized ads anytime by deleting your browser’s cookies. For more information, please review our Cookie Notice.
Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights: To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Verification of Your Identity: Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. You must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You may do this by contacting us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within thirty (30) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
What are cookies and why are cookies used: A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as a tag that identifies your computer. While cookies are often only used to measure website usage (such as number of visitors and duration of visit) and effectiveness (such as topics visitors are most interested in) and to allow for ease of navigation or use and, as such, are not associated with any personal information, they are also used at times to personalize a known visitor’s experience of a website by being associated with profile information or user preferences. Over time this information provides valuable insight to help improve the user experience.
Cookies on our Sites are generally divided into the following categories:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary to provide you with our Services and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Services, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our Services function. These cookies do not collect identifying information about you, and they do not monitor or remember any of your internet browsing on sites other than Clean Power Club.
- Helpful Cookies. These cookies allow us to provide you with a better experience when you use our Site. These cookies do not collect identifying information about you, and they do not monitor or remember any of your internet browsing on sites other than Clean Power Club.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies. These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our Services are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Services for you to enhance your experience. This data is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes, analytics cookies do not collect or share any personally identifiable information. These cookies qualify as “third-party” cookies as they are not sent directly by Clean Power Club.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Clean Power Club, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Targeting Cookies. These record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Sites and other Sites you visit. These Cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Sites. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. See below for further details on how you can control third-party targeting cookies.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- CCPA: As of January 1, 2020, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California Residents have certain additional rights regarding their Personal Data. If and to the extent you are a “consumer” as defined under the CCPA and that we are a “business” as defined under CCPA, the following may apply to you:
You have the right to request the following information from us by emailing us at the contact information in the section titled, HOW TO CONTACT US, and we will provide the following information to you upon verification of your identity:
- The categories of Personal Data Clean Power Club collect about you;
- The categories of sources from which your Personal Data is collected;
- The business purpose for collecting your Personal Data;
- The categories of third parties with whom Clean Power Club shares your Personal Data; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Data Clean Power Club have collected about you.
You may opt out of any marketing by us and from the disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties.
- Personal Information Sales Opt-Out And Opt-In Rights: If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us at the contact information in the HOW TO CONTACT US section below.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales at any time by contacting us. Please see the How to Contact Us section below.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
- Non-Discrimination: If you elect to exercise any of your rights under CCPA, Clean Power Club will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless otherwise permitted by the CCPA, we will not: deny you goods or services, charge you a different price or rate for our goods or services, or provide you a different level or quality of goods or services because you exercised such rights. Under the current definition of CCPA, Clean Power Club does not sell your Personal Data.
Other than as provided above, we may offer you certain financial incentives, as permitted by the CCPA, in exchange for your giving us certain information, which incentives may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
- Types of Information We Have Collected in the Past Twelve (12) Months: In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information, from Registered Users, authorized users, and visitors to our Sites, within the last twelve (12) months: name, alias, postal address, physical address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, signature address, phone numbers, browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
HOW TO CONTACT US